Well, hopefully it’ll feel like a new house lol. I’ve mentioned a few times that I’ve gotten overwhelmed with kids, work, school, and let clutter build up and the house get pretty messy. So rather than super stress and try to spend all of my free time cleaning every day, I’ve broken the next few weeks down into small projects I can do every day. I started something similar last year and fell off the wagon SUPER quickly, but I’ll have update posts every week to keep me accountable. I feel like I’m finally in a good head space with working out and my diet, so I don’t think this will be nearly as overwhelming as it was last year. Who says spring cleaning needs to wait for spring?
- January 12: Put away 2 baskets of laundry, vacuum loft
- January 13: Vacuum entire house, wipe down and clean stove, oven, microwave and toaster
- January 14: Reorganize boy’s room and sort out unwanted toys, put away 2 baskets of laundry, put away Christmas decorations and take down Christmas lights
- January 15: Organize my desk, get rid of unneeded items, put away 2 baskets of laundry
- January 16: Organize all bookshelves and donate unwanted books
- January 17: Create/update Excel spreadsheet to better track finances, vacuum entire house
- January 18: Deep clean inside of car
- January 19: Clean out refrigerator
- January 20: Clean out/organize hall closet upstairs
- January 21: RELAX (it’s my birthday!)
- January 22: Clean out/organize hall closet upstairs
- January 23: Thoroughly wipe down all countertops and clean sinks in kitchen and bathrooms
- January 24: Clean baseboards
- January 25: Organize cabinets and drawers in master bathroom and get rid of unwanted sheets and old towels
- January 26: Help Kinsey clean and reorganize room/closet
- January 27: Clean toilets and bathroom mirrors
- January 28: Wash blankets and throws
- January 29: Organize photos on computer (create categorized folders, delete unwanted photos, etc.)
- January 30: Organize laundry room and cleaning supplies
- January 31: Dust fans and light fixtures
- February 1: Clean showers
- February 2: Wipe down doors/doorknobs, scrub crayon off the walls in the loft
- February 3: Dust fans and light fixtures
- February 4: Unsubscribe to unwanted emails/unfollow unwanted pages
I’m also working on a daily/weekly schedule to stay on top of things so I don’t fall behind again. I’ll be posting before/after pics this week and keeping you updated! I’m a little horrified at including my before pictures, but I really need the accountability.
How do you stay organized and keep your house clean and clutter free (especially with kids)?
Are you starting any new projects for the new year?