, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

When my alarm rang at 5:30 am, I have to admit I wasn’t thrilled. And even though I’m seriously tired right now and I didn’t get nearly as much as I wanted to done, I’m happy that I’ve been able to keep up the habit of getting up early. I’ve slept in a handful of times, but I feel like I’m really starting to establish the habit of waking up early.

I managed to finish Body Beast Lucky 7’s workout before making a quick breakfast for everyone. Kinsey had her camp dress rehearsal this morning so we had to be out of the house by 7:45.


Not too bad for a rushed breakfast! Leftover bison and mashed avocado from dinner, and I scrambled some eggs really quickly. High fat breakfasts really help me get through a long morning, especially after an intense workout, and the avocado really hit the spot.

When we got back the boys played on the back patio with chalk for a while, and I put them down for an early nap. Getting up at 7 was a little hard on them! I really wanted to take them on a run first, but it was just too hot today. I can’t wait until summer is over! Instead I hopped on the treadmill for a short jog, but only made it about 0.8 miles before the boys started fighting. No matter what I do lately, they just refuse to fall asleep!


At the end of our little reorganization, this will be in our bedroom, but for now I settle for staring at a wall while I run. I totally stacked those pillows so I had a place for my phone and my water bottle while I ran lol, I suppose I’ll miss that. The phone charger is too short to be plugged in and have the phone reach the treadmill, and my water bottle is too big for the cup holder, so the couch pillows are actually a huge lifesaver. I never did get to finish my run, but for some reason I’m crazy sore!! Every time I run up and down the stairs my butt is so mad at me. I did a lot of squats and lunges this morning, but I really didn’t feel them much until I started jogging. I know I’m weird but I totally love that feeling.

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful, just playing with the boys and working around the house. I should have taken pictures but I was a little tired and just forgot #bloggerfail

Hopefully I can get the jump on the day again tomorrow — I’ll make myself a morning person if it kills me 😛

Do you prefer to get a jump on the day or to stay up late to get things done?