Linking up with Faith for Mommy Moments!

I made the decision this week to force myself to be a morning person, and today is day one! Most mornings, I get up with my hubby around 4 am, hang out and help him get ready for work, and then take a nap. I aim to get up around 6 or 6:30, but lately that’s become 8 (or whenever the kids wake me up). It wouldn’t really be a problem, but I’ve lost my productive time at night because Micah wakes up really often lately. I was in a good grove with night-time workouts, but realistically I need to make mornings my productive time if I’m ever going to get anything done, ever.


I’m pretty tired (obviously), but proud of myself. I got up at 4:15 and after the hubby left for work I spent a little time reading, had a really good back/biceps workout, made some salad for breakfast, and now I’m getting some blogging and freelance writing projects done. I can hear the boys are just starting to stir, but I’m hoping for a little while longer before they wander out of bed. 🙂

This weekend was a typical whirlwind, but I feel like I’m generally keeping up with the crazy a lot better than I used to. Hooray for workout induced sanity!

Micah has figured out how to take pictures on my phone, and he regularly steals it and takes hundreds at a time. I delete a lot of them, but some of them are super cute, even if they’re blurry. 😛 He loves to chase around Kinsey and take pictures of her, and it totally melts my heart to see how much he loves and looks up to her.

There was a lot of uneventful family time — a movie night, a Costco trip, random snuggles, and a sleepover for the kiddos. Saturday morning I decided to brave the farmer’s market by myself and wait in line for 60 pounds of produce for $10. It’s a travelling farmer’s market that does this in our area once a month, and I figured I’d get up super early and give it a try.


To say the lines were insane doesn’t even do it justice. I got there at 6:30 am, figuring I’d be close to the front of the line because they didn’t open until 7. Apparently everyone in the county had the same idea, because I started way back here….


…moved up to here after 20 minutes…


…finally turned the corner only to realize I wasn’t nearly as close to the front as I thought.


After almost 2 hours, I finally made it through to the produce tables and got my fruit/veggies. So far it’s been a little hit and miss — the watermelons were good, but the mango was all rotting. The cucumbers were moldy too, which was disappointing. The tomatoes have been good though, and I’m hoping to use the jalapenos to make salsa for the hubby. I still have to blanch and freeze acorn and yellow squash and zucchini, so I’m hoping they turn out good too.


It’s been a bit of a pain having to prep so much food all at once, but I think it’ll wind up being worth it in the long run, even with some of the food being rotten. I’m not sure if I’ll go back again though, especially if the hubby isn’t home to take the kids for me. There are a few local farmer’s markets I can hit and just get a little at a time, waste less, and not have to worry about prepping 60 pounds of food in one day after spending 2 hours in the sun. It’s hard to pass up such a good deal though…

IMG_3951 After that we decided to take the kiddos to the dollar theater, and I have to say that the double stroller was a LIFESAVER. I was really nervous about bringing it in because the dollar theater is kind of small, but we were able to sit in the front row and it was amazing. I put the popcorn in the trays so there was no fighting, seat-belts were on so there was no running around the theater, and I didn’t have to pin anyone down on my lap. Pretty much as good as it gets as far as movie experiences with the kids! 🙂

The weekend ended with an amazing barbecue, courtesy of the hubby (who is a ridiculously good cook, especially for someone who doesn’t cook often). The boys were a huge fan, and I was surprised to see that Jonah is better at eating ribs than Micah. I managed to take a video of him gnawing away at it like an old pro, and it might be the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. An extra highlight — Micah tried meat that isn’t chicken nuggets, and he actually liked it! With his picky eating issues that is a serious victory for us. 🙂

We’re off to the splash pad today before it gets too hot, which should be a lot of fun for the boys. We’re so lucky to have a free splash pad reasonably close to the house, it’s a lifesaver during the summer!

Did you do anything exciting over the weekend?

Do you have any fun plans for today?

How do you stay productive with kiddos up at all hours?