#familiesareforever, #ilovebeingamommy, family life, healthy eats, mommylife, thinkingoutloudthursdays, workouts
It’s time to link up with Amanda again for some random thoughts!
- I feel really good this week! I haven’t done many formal workouts, but I’ve been moving a lot (mostly cleaning) and my eating has been really good. I did have pizza for dinner tonight, but the rest of the week has been clean protein and tons of veggies so it didn’t kill me. Funny how I don’t realize I’m feeling crappy until I feel good again.
- Talking to adults rocks! It’s been a little over a year since I stopped going to work (part of that I worked from home but talked to adults on the phone, the rest I’ve been a SAHM), and I didn’t realize how little I really get to talk to adults now. I talk to the hubby obviously, but he works a lot and doesn’t really want to hear a day’s worth of chatter in the 30 minutes before bed lol. I got to meet one of my neighbors and play Bunco the other night, and it was so nice to have other adults to talk to! I’m not going to lie, a 2 hour break from the kiddos wasn’t so bad either. I love them to pieces but some Mom time was definitely needed this week. I think this has a lot to do with how good I feel this week — actually interacting with other adults makes me feel human again! 😛
- If I don’t workout before the kids get up, it doesn’t happen. This has been kind of a hard pill for me to swallow because I’m not a morning person, but the last two weeks have proven this to be absolutely true. My kids (especially Micah) just don’t sleep well, and that means several wake-ups after bedtime. Unfortunately, those usually start around 9 and end around 2 am, which kills all the time I’d have to workout. I used to be able to squeeze it in, but it doesn’t appear this phase is going away anytime soon, so I’m going to have to suck it up and adapt.
- I’m finally getting a little more used to the heat here. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still pretty miserable, but I was able to walk a half mile to the grocery store on Thursday when it was about 90 degrees, and I didn’t die! The kids are fine as long as they have sun shades and ice water but I’ve never really gotten adapted to it, even after living here almost 15 years. Hopefully that keeps getting better too, because I miss my daily walks with the kids. The treadmill is OK, but being outside is just better!
- Somehow, my house is messier now that I’m a SAHM than it was when I was working and going to school full-time….how is that possible? Makes me feel kinda lazy, like I’m not getting anything done during the day. I need to get my hiney in gear…
That’s all for me today! Any random thoughts you’d like to share?